T&D have announced the release of the newest member in their RTR500B Series wireless data logger system; the RTR500BM, a new mobile data collector that supports 4G data communication.
The RTR500BM collects data from nearby data loggers (Remote Units) via wireless radio communication and automatically sends it via mobile networking communication to their free, cloud-based server, “T&D WebStorage Service”.
The system is ideal for situations where no PC or LAN is available, such as during transportation, in greenhouses or at construction sites. Changes from the previous model, RTR-500MBS-A, include 4G cellular communication, support for secure HTTPS data transmission to servers, and the ability to register and configure the device remotely using our mobile app.
Key features include:
- Uses 4G mobile communication to automatically transfer data collected from loggers (Remote Units) via wireless radio communication to a cloud based server.
- By auto-sending data to the T&D WebStorage Service”, data can be accessed anytime from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Warning Monitoring function sends warning e-mails via T&D WebStorage Service when a set limit is exceeded.
- Our mobile app “T&D 500B Utility*” makes it easy to register and configure data loggers from a mobile device, remotely via the cloud, or in close proximity via Bluetooth communication.
- Security has also been improved with the addition of encrypted communication capability via HTTPS.
With the release of the RTR500BM on November 24, 2021, the RTR-500MBS-A will be discontinued, with the RTR500BM being compatible with T&D’s previous RTR-500 Series loggers/repeaters.