e-con Systems™, a leading embedded camera company, has launched the qSmartAI80_CUQ610, a Qualcomm AI vision kit based on Sony STARVIS IMX415. This ready-to-deploy AI camera kit is suitable for running image-based machine learning and deep learning models at the edge.
The qSmartAI80_CUQ610 is an AI vision kit comprising of e-con’s 4K MIPI low light camera module,VVDN’s SoM based on Qualcomm QCS610 SoC, and a carrier board. The 4K camera module is based on the Sony STARVIS™ IMX415 ultra low light sensor which helps in delivering exceptionally clear images even at low light conditions.
Also, this kit is engineered to enable powerful computing for on-device image processing with exceptional power and thermal efficiency. In addition to offering the complete vision kit, e-con Systems also extends its customization support for the camera, carrier board, software, and even adding an enclosure. This enables customers to focus on their end application while e-con takes full control of the vision kit and solution.
Key features of the qSmartAI80_CUQ610 include:
- Complete vision solution – Faster product integration and deployment thereby reducing time to market.
- Sony STARVIS™ IMX415 sensor – This ultra low light sensor helps in delivering exceptionally clear images even at low light conditions. Also, its 4K resolution makes it suitable for applications that require a high level of detail in the output image.
- Finetuned Image Signal Processor (ISP) – The default Qualcomm ISP has been finetuned further to ensure the best possible image output.
- Low power consumption – Engineered for optimized power consumption reducing the total load on the system.
- Small form factor – Perfect for compact embedded systems.
Features such as a small form factor, low power consumption, high resolution, low light performance, ability to run image based machine learning and deep learning models at the edge, and complete customization and end to end solution support make qSmartAI80_CUQ610 perfect for the following applications:
- Service robots
- Telemedicine robots
- Telepresence robots
- Smart checkouts & carts
- Smart signages & kiosks
- Dash cameras and body cameras
- Automated sports broadcasting systems
“The qSmartAI80_CUQ610 AI Vision kit marks a significant milestone as our first ever camera for Qualcomm QCS series of processors utilizing the state-of-the-art Image Signal Processor of Qualcomm processors. The qSmartAI80_CUQ610 developed in partnership with VVDN Technologies, a premier electronics engineering and manufacturing company, is an ideal platform for our customers to develop next generation edge-AI-enabled embedded vision applications. The embedded vision applications require consistent image quality from the cameras irrespective of challenging light conditions and customers leverage e-con’s expert IQ tuning and solutioning capability to successfully launch their end products with shortest time-to-market,” said Ranjith Kumar, Senior product manager at e-con Systems™.
Arun Kumar PN, Director of Engineering at VVDN Technologies said, “We are excited to collaborate and work closely with e-con systems by providing them with our powerful SOM Solution based on QCS610 platform. VVDN has rich and deep expertise on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipsets on the AI/ML side. Our goal has always been to offer best in class experience to our customers through the innovative technologies With VVDN’s QCS610 SOM, e-con’s qSmartAI80_CUQ610 will allow customers to innovate, transform and scale through powerful edge intelligence.”